Monday 30 December 2013

Reflection: Week 4

Hey people. So this is the reflection for week 4: Patricia Byrd - Evaluation for Selection and Analysis for Implementation. Here we go, again.

1) How it affects me?

At first, I would believe that textbooks are really just a regular, boring book that the students rarely use in the classroom. But then, I see that there are a lot of procedures and steps to be taken in order for a textbook to be a useful materials for learning. So, I think my perceptions for boring textbooks is a bit altered but for me, I still believe that we need to make changes so that textbooks can be a very authentic material for the learners to use.

2) How does it affect my current level of knowledge? & 3) How can I use that knowledge to improve myself?

For starters, I know that there are a lot of procedures and steps to be taken in order to create a textbook. It would seems that textbooks are not just created to be a workbook, but it is to used to facilitate learning for the students to the fullest. They used checklists to make sure that the textbooks to be used is appropriate for the students thus able to motivate and help them learn language better.

By using the checklist, we can make sure that the textbooks to be used are well-prepared and suitable for our students. I learned that checklists really help in determining what books to be used as well as their contents (whether or not it is suitable and the students can relate to). So in the future, I would be able to make the right decisions about whether or not the books can used. Different books have different priorities and by using the checklists, I can make sure the expectations I have for a book is fulfilled. Besides that, I would not want a book that the students can never understand.




No comments:

Post a Comment