Monday 30 December 2013

Reflection for week 3: CLT

Hello and welcome to Week 3's reflection. Here we go.

1) How it affects me?

CLT is an influential theory that relates majorly with language learning in the classroom. The learning model in the typical Malaysian classroom is based on CLT, so I would be wise to revise and understand how CLT relates with learning. If I myself do not know about CLT and its functions in learning, I would not be able to implement it in the classroom, and that would be bad. CLT is very influential and is the basis of learning language in the classroom. 

2) How does it affect my current level of knowledge?

For me, I would think that by mastering and adapting to the theories of CLT, I am positive that language learning will be easier for the students as it relates to their real-life situations. The communicative part of CLT aims to teach learners in a real-life context so that they can implement it when they go out to the real world later. Language learning would be a lot easier if they can practice on it.

I learned about the theories behind CLT, and how can it relate to the syllabus in Malaysia. By understanding what theories that help the learners to learn as well as how it can be beneficial for future teachers, it is realistic to see the usefulness of CLT.

3) How can I use that knowledge to improve myself?

As a pre-service teacher, it would be wise for me to be able to adapt and adopt the CLT model as it is one of the most influential learning model that has been around for decades. The knowledge of CLT, will help me in preparing for lessons in the future for my classroom. As we know that the CLT model is used throughout the schools in Malaysia, if we can adapt CLT into our methods of teaching, surely our lessons would be effective thus helping the students to learn language.

No comments:

Post a Comment